Yep, I "dislike" to say it, but summer is almost over. The weather here has already turned; I doubt we will get above 85 degrees for the rest of this season. In fact, summer will be over for me on this coming Sunday. My kiddo starts 3rd Grade on Monday! I already feel behind, although the school year hasn't even started yet. I said this year would be different.
No more waiting till morning to do EVERYTHING, turning in permission slips and other papers late, not refilling lunch tickets, dry brittle hair because there's no time to moisturize, missed dosages of medication, digging through laundry bags looking for clean undies, grocery store runs at 7:30 am looking for lunch food, and I could go on, but I'll stop. I wouldn't want any of you to call "the people" on me. I promise I'm a good mother; I'm just disorganized, disheveled, and just a tad bit unwell. But that stops now!
Here are some of my resolutions:
1. Leave the house no later than 7:20 a.m. so that TrentMan can be on time each day.
2. Pack all bags the night before (i.e. lunch bags, book bags, etc).
3. Look through his book bag when he gets home each day and sign all papers and return them as soon as I see them.
4. Practice math with TrentMan for 10 minutes every Monday-Thursday.
5. Have outfits laid out and ironed the night before.
6. Lights out for TrentMan will be between 8 and 8:30 pm. My bedtime will be 9:30 pm
There's more, but this is a great start. If I can hold to this, then I will be doing excellent.
|Double click to enlarge|
We probably will be getting a puppy within the next 4 - 12 months though. Being an only child can be lonely and mom and dad can only entertain to a point. I'm not thrilled about having one more thing added to my plate, but I know it will be great for my son, and I never grew up with animals. I think the appreciation and the relationships built with animals is healthy for us humans. I've really been feeling weimaraners, and now I'm seeing them everywhere. I'm up for any suggestions on dogs!
Now that this post has gone all over the place, I'm going to close it out! I've got a feeling this is going to be a great year!
Are you ready for the school year? What will you do better than before?