Monday, July 18, 2011

The Fight


Here's a little more of my poetry.  I really don't get to write much outside of my blog.  Of course it's very "amateur sounding" to me, but let me know what you think.  I am starting to see a theme with my poetry; that's exciting.  I pray that this helps someone.  I love your comments!  Keep them coming!

The devil hijacked my faith
He held it captive for 37 days


I cowered in fear, cried in anguish, and curled up in pain
 I finally got sick of feeling desolate,
So I put my foot on his neck and snatched it back
I slowly started to feel like myself again,
But I had to learn how to live with faith


Every now and then, the devil tries to play a childish game of tug-of-war with my faith
This time, I sent Jesus
The devil cowered in fear, cried in anguish, and curled up in pain...
But he threw my faith at Jesus' feet
I feel like myself again....living free, walking in the Spirit, and sleeping like a baby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading and appreciate each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...