Friday, July 15, 2011

Angels or Demons?

In most Western societies the thought of a curse is nothing more than an absurdity or something you would find in a "Beauty and the Beast" type fairytale.  Everyone seems to believe in angels at some point in their life, especially when they're faced with impossible circumstances that somehow end up positively.  However, there are good forces that are working in the Earth, just as well as, bad demonic forces.  The most important thing to remember is that God has given us power over the devil, his schemes, and all demonic forces.  We don't have to be scared and allow them to wreak havoc in our lives.

source
Last Friday, Good Morning America, presented a story on the Grimaldi curse that was cast on the Royal Family of Monaco over 700 years ago.  Here's the story in short: In 1297, Francesco Grimaldi wanted to take rule over the Rock of Monaco.  He and his cousin Lord Rainier I disguised themselves as monks and went to the gates of the city and slaughtered the guards and began to take the city over.  From this point, the monks placed a generational curse  over the family saying, "...they will never have a happy marriage, they will always have trouble producing legitimate heirs, and there'll be other tragedies."  And everyone today laughs, however, such a thing is not to be taken lightly.  Prince Albert of Monaco recently married Princess Charlene, however, he has an outstanding paternity suit and two previous children born out of wedlock who are not considered legitimate heirs.  Throughout their family, there are other examples of this curse proving to be true: Princess Grace died in a car crash and Princess Carolines husband died in a speed boat accident.  If I were in the Grimaldi lineage, I certainly wouldn't be laughing, I'd be on my knees pleading the blood of Jesus EVERY day.

There are many examples of demonic activity in the Bible, see Matthew 8:28-34, Mark 1:21-28, and Mark 5, just to name a few.  As stated before, if you believe you are under demonic attack, you don't have to just allow it to happen.

How to Protect Yourself Against Curses and Demonic Attacks
1.  Psalms 91:1-2  Dwell in the shelter of the Most High, the Holy of Holies, the presence of God.  The devil and his demons have no choice but to flee at the name of Jesus.  If you call on His name, He will release angels to fight on your behalf, which is also described in Psalms 91.

2.  Plead and apply the blood of Jesus.  On our own, we are guilty as charged, we have a sinful nature.  However, this is the very reason that Jesus died on the cross for our sins.  We don't have to suffer because of our iniquities and the iniquities of our ancestors.  Under the old covenant, the Israelites used a hyssop branch to apply the blood of a slaughtered lamb to their door posts, and the death angel knew to "passover" their homes, hence the Passover celebration.  Exodus 7 really describes this tradition.  Now, under the New Covenant, we don't have to kill a lamb, Jesus is the lamb.  According to Ephesians 2:12-13, 19, we have authority to plead and apply the blood of Jesus.  My advice is to do this as often as possible, because as stated before, the devil has no place under the name of Jesus. 

3.  Ephesians 4:27- Do not give the devil a foothold.  There are many things (knowingly and unknowingly) we can do to open doors for demons to get into our lives.  Some of those things are: participating in anything that defiles God, practices and traditions of the occult, horoscopes, yoga (depending on what beliefs it was founded under), palm reading, witchcraft, and sorcery, to name a few. If you are unsure of a particular activity, I would say to let it go.  You can also test the spirits by asking (according to James), "Did Jesus come in the flesh?"  Based upon their response and reaction to your question, you will know if it is okay to proceed.

4.  You can also pray a regular prayer of protection.  I found one authored by Kellie Copeland Kutz in her book, "Protecting Your Family in Dangerous Times," which is a very insightful read.  Here's the prayer:
Father, I thank You for Your covenant promise of protection.  Right now I call upon the covenant I have with You and plead the blood of Jesus over my husband/wife, my children, and myself.

Angels, I charge you to watch over my family and me to protect us, for we are walking in the footsteps of Jesus.  Go before us, behind s and all the way around us.  Keep us from calamity, evil and misfortune.  (I name all of our names to the Lord.)

No evil will befall my family in the Name of Jesus!  No weapon formed against them will prosper, and every lying tongue that rises up against them I do condemn, for this is my heritage as a servant of the Lord.

I thank You, Father, that great is the peace of my children.  Their righteousness is of You.  They don't walk in their own righteousness, but in Your righteousness by the blood of Jesus.  I thank You for that, Lord.  They will not get off track in life, none of their steps shall slide (Psalms 37:31) for Your Holy Spirit will guide them every step of the way.

Father, Your Word says that we, Your sheep, know Your voice.  It says You will show us things to come.  It says the voice of Your Spirit will come to us and say, "This is the way; walk in it."  I stand on these promises, Lord, and ask that You teach us to hear Your voice.  Help us recognize when You are speaking to us, and we will obey.

Now I stand in Your holy of holies and open my spirit to receive the wisdom You have afforded me.  I put myself in a position to hear and receive instruction from You.  I enter the secret place o the Most High by the blood of the Lamb, and I purpose to live my life in Your presence.

I thank You that You are faithful to Your Word, Father  I thank You that what You say is certain and sure.  When You say You will deliver us, we can rely on that promise.  So right now I receive Your supernatural protection and deliverance for my family and me in Jesus' Name.  Amen.

I do not have all the answers, but I pray this was mind and heart opening.  I encourage you to do your own research and ask questions.  As for my family, my husband prays a prayer of protection over our family every morning.

Lastly, just being a Christian is not good enough to overcome the devil.  The steps above must be taken into account.

2 comments:

  1. hiyah! I think I found your blog via curly nikki..the no longer a twa post..yep that was it. I've read all the way to your home page and I must say I love your content! I too am naturalyour hair is pretty), 8 months from start of transition and 5 months since bc. I love it so far!

    On to my reason for posting. This post really touched me. I have felt, since being older, 33 now, that there is a curse on my family. One, in regard to drinking, Two in regard to not being able to be successful career wise, Three: in just settling and living day to day as is. My family has generally good health, which is a blessing and are really kind and openhearted but we just, with the exception of a few, cant get out of the rut of living check to check, drinking for some.

    I, on the other hand, prayed to God long ago to make sure that I could take care of my children, via one job and be able to provide them and myself with what we needed. And with having 3 kids i've always been able to do that until recently. I've been having one issue after another and am actually considering getting another job. Its not that i'm lazy, but I just feel like that would interfere with me being the type of mother that i should be and strive to be. I need to be here in the evenings with my kids, who are 11, 13 and 14. This is the most critical time of their lives and definitely not the time that I need to be working a second job, leaving them at home or with someone else. I didn't have to do this when they were little and I know this is not of God. The devil is trying to attack me there. My mother had to work 2 and 3 jobs when i was young and it left me to have way too much teenage free time on my hands, so I know what that can do to a kid. and I don't want that for my daughters.

    I have also, over the last year or so been working on my faith and becoming closer to God than i've ever been before. And ironically I try to do things the right way and keep receiving adversity on every end. I vow not to give up though. I catch a ton of flack from my family about the changes that i try to make and my walk. Which brings me to my reason for commenting, I've been telling myself for about a week now that I need to either write a prayer or find a written one that I can recite with my children or at least myself daily. I absolutely love the prayer that you have posted. Psalms 91 has always been on the top of my list of favs. I will be printing this prayer. But I wanted to say that I love your blog, and thank you for posting this.

    Sorry it's so long:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie, I'm so happy that this post was able to minister to you. Don't expect anyone (not even family) to understand the journey you are on the things that God is working to deliver you from. I pray that you are in the midst of a loving Bible-believing Holy Ghost filled church family, and they can pray you through this journey. Remember to speak those things that are not as though they were. Lastly, remember that with every promise there is a problem to overcome and you have the tools to overcome. God told Moses that he was going to lead the Israelites out of 400 years of slavery in Egypt. But guess what, they had to cross the Red Sea in order to lay hold of that promise. He made a way out of no way! We serve an awesome God! Praise His name!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and appreciate each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...