Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Simple Fruit Dip Recipe


The season of football, shorter days, and chilled air is upon us, which means that many of us will be spending more time inside.  I love to snack any time of the year, but especially when I'm just hanging out at home, however, sometimes the simplest things get me hung up.  I'm perfectly fine with making a four-course meal, but I somehow get hung up on making....apple crisps!!!  

This past Friday, I made an old time favorite, which is a fruit dip that consists of 2-4 ingredients and 1 dish!!!

**WARNING: This stuff is addictive!  Make at your own risk!

Philadelphia Cream Cheese (or any cream cheese)
Marshmallow Puff
1-2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)

Whip all the ingredients together.  Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.  Serve with apples, strawberries, and any other good dipping fruits.  Enjoy!

Now that I'm hosting a small group, I need more appetizer/sharing type recipes.  Do you have any?  Post links and share below!

6 comments:

  1. I am going to try this over the weekend. Sounds yum :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds delicious! You had me at marshmallow puff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @SaoirseD and Style Journey- Let me know if you try it. It is pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! It is low carb, right? ahahaaa!

    I make deviled eggs a lot for potluck dinners; they are a big hit. If you need the recipe, email me at jeanettelevellie(at)gmail(dot)com

    Hugs,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.M.G!!!! This is what I've been looking for for soooooo long. A simple fruit dip, that wasn't vanilla pudding, lol. Thanks so much for this, BUT this is definitely dangerous!!!! Perfect for parties too! This with store bought fruit. I'm totally taking this to any and every party I go to from now on. I'm gonna have this at my future bday parties for the boys too! Its a good thing I don't keep marshmallow puff at home or I'd never get rid of this mid-section flab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jeanette- I wish it was low carb. The fruit alone, makes this a pretty carby dish. It is yummy though!

    @Love&Tangles- Yes, this is perfect for parties, especially for kids. They get their sweet tooth filled without having to eat lots of candy and cake. It's cheap too. The marshmallow puff can be found for $1 (on sale) and the cream cheese is usually not that expensive either.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and appreciate each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...