Monday, August 29, 2011

Intentional Prayers

Have you ever been stopped dead in your tracks to pray for something or someone that you don't even know?  Well, this happened to me one day last week.  I was doing some blog surfing when I felt a strong urge to pray for women in Africa and Haiti, specifically in refugee camps in Haiti and the Sudan, South Africa, and Rwanda (???) who had been raped or who were about to be raped that very second.

I was kind of caught off guard at how the second before my mind was on something completely unrelated, and then I was just whisked off to a very serious task.  The Spirit also led me to pray for the attackers of the women who were about to be raped that second.  He led me to ask that in the midst of one of the most heinous acts, that the attackers would have a change of heart and just leave the women alone....like a total shift in behavior right that instant.  Lastly, He led me to ask that that moment would be so impactful that the attackers and the women had no choice but to believe it was God that spared the inevitable act of rape in that moment.

Whoa God!  I was praying for a good 15 minutes, and this came out of nowhere; I knew it had to be from God.  I don't think I've ever experienced anything like this before.  I can only pray that because some women were spared from getting raping and their vicious attackers had a complete character change that they will come to know the one and only true God.

What are some of the things you are praying about right now?  I'd love to pray for you...it's kind of what I do!

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! I love hearing how God motivates/directs our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was truly an awesome experience. Of course it's easy to pray for the things in front of you, but a lot harder to line up with God's Spirit.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and appreciate each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...