I've been at this blogging thing for almost three months, and I truly am enjoying this journey. As you know, I have my doubts sometimes, but I have an end goal in mind. I would like to use this blog to not only inspire Christian women, but all women, and I'd also like to use it as a spring board for my writing career. I've loved creative writing since I was 11 (it was a long time ago, I know). Back then I wanted to develop my talent into a career, but somehow, once I hit highschool, I got side-tracked into a business mentality.
So far, this blog has opened up a few doors for me to begin a freelance writing career, and I am excited, because these things were also spoken over me by a prophet recently. Each day I blog, I'm like a little kid opening up a present to see what God has in store or to see who will be blessed and moved in an unexplainable way.
Before I go too far off topic, I've been thinking of some things that I will need to help me along this journey. I don't have them listed in any type of order, because I'm unsure what should be done first. I also don't want to spend a lot of money on something that isn't necessary or won't produce the results I'm looking for. Anyways....here's my list!
- 250 professional looking glossy business cards with all of my info
- My own domain name (nix the blogspot)
- Writing workshops (I plan to attend some next month. I love learning!)
- A super duper graphic artist to spruce it up over here (I've done everything myself so far, and web design and html are not my forte)
- A professional photo shoot (I want to have nice modelly looking pictures too!)
- A good quality zoom lens camera (I'm so jealous of some of the detail I see other people's camera's are able to pick up on. I just have a point and click digital camera, and I better be grateful for that.)
- Writing/Blogging Conference(s)- I love meeting new people, of course learning, and networking (I do it very well!).
- Focusing on 2-3 niche topics versus being all over the place like I am now. (Thoughts??)
Writing/Blogging Opportunities I'm Looking For:
- Guest Blog Spots
- Interviews of Christian artists, women with something to share
- Partnering with businesses to review products/services and talk about it
- Magazine, newspaper, newsletter, internet news writing
- A book deal!!!!
What do you think will help you bust through to the next level in blogging or your career?