Monday, July 25, 2011

Love Above All Else

Happy Monday everyone!  Rejoice in the Lord!  Here's a thought....What if we lived our Monday like it was our Friday????  Ponder that for a little minute.

Anywho, I promised that I would come back with more nuggets that I learned from Prophet Ed Traut, who visited my church last week.  Today, I will tell you some of the points he mentioned about love and what he helped me to understand.

God is love!  Right?  So, if it is the case that God is love, then there cannot be any love without God in the midst.  Please remember, you cannot claim love if you are outside of God's will.

Ladies, please know that your spouse was not made to cater to your every whim and desire and provide you with constant perfect love; that is definitely only a job God can do and you are only setting your spouse up for failure and setting yourself up for disappointment.  Men, please know that you are called to love your spouse as Christ loved the church, which means she should be first priority in your life after God.

Once you continue to seek God and His perfect love, your love for God will overflow.  Out of this overflow is where you should find love to meet your spouse's needs....and let me tell you, there's more than enough.  If we look to God to fulfill us; He will give us the love we need to love 100 nations; His love knows no limits.

Oftentimes, as women, especially if we're newlyweds, we put parameters and ultimatums on our love.  "I changed the baby's diaper last time, so he needs to change it this time."  "If he doesn't clean up, then I'm going to stop cleaning as well."  "He's playing golf while I'm taking care of the kids."  If you have a legitimate concern about your spouse, this is not the way to bring it up; there are ways that you can bring it the forefront in truth and love.  Also, it's not our job to scold and nit-pick everything our partners do.  Whoever, said marriage is 50/50 was lying, we should be striving for 100/100.  But anyone whose been married for any length of time knows that 100/100 can look very different with each day or season of our lives together.

Please visit Psalms 34 to learn more about God's unfailing love.  I was first drawn to this passage about two years ago when my son had to learn it for school, and Prophet Ed Traut brought it back to me last week.  My first reaction was, "Wow God!  You did all of this for me??!!??"  I promise you will be blessed by reading it.

Lastly, I'll leave you with this:
"Do more of your share and do not keep score."  This quote gets me through every time I want to come down on anyone (especially the hubsters) for not doing something.

PeaceOut!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Especially the part about not expecting our spouse to fill up our emotional gas tank, and setting ourselves up for disappointment. Ask me how I know this--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jeanette- After 36 years of marriage, I know you know the deal. I know the deal, but I'm still trying to live it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and appreciate each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...