Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Birthday Ramblings



Ok, so my birthday is in one week; and I'm not going to front, I am super stoked!  I'm like a little kid anticipating Christmas.  I think a little excitement for one's birth is normal human nature, and I don't know what to attribute the other half of my excitement to.


But, what if I don't have fun on my birthday?  What if I don't do anything exciting?  What if no one else cares that it's my birthday?  My only response is that it's still the day that God chose to bring me forth and start His ministry through me.  So that deserves some celebration!


This year, I'm choosing to celebrate myself!  I have $80 in my "Blow" envelope (money I get to spend in whatever way I want), and I am going to get a pedicure, some more of Shea Moisture's Deep Treatment Masque (after weekly deep conditioning sessions, I ran out pretty quick), and I want my eye brows done.  And what do you know....my favorite retailers also remembered my birthday.  Sephora always sends me a birthday e-mail to tell me to remember to pick up my birthday gift, Victoria's Secret sent me a birthday card with $10, and Texas de Brazil also sent me a birthday e-mail and free meal.  I'm still trying to figure out which ones I'll spend my special day celebrating with.


The hubsters said that he is going to take me out as well, so we shall see what he has planned.  One year (when we were "going together") he  told me to get dressed in something really nice and then he blindfolded me and drove me to.........a really nice restaurant called, Skies, in Kansas City.  Skies is an upscale place at the very top of a hotel and it spins around as you're eating and you can see the entire sky line; it's beautiful.  After dinner he took me to listen to some jazz music and we had a blast.


Well, I'm starting to ramble, so let me stop.  I just want you guys to check out this card that Trent Man made for me.  If I don't get anything else this year, honestly, this is enough.




I'm curious to know how you like to celebrate your birthday.  Please do tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading and appreciate each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...