Saturday, March 26, 2011

Knees Around the World



Sooo....back in January of 2010, I made the decision that exercise was going to be a normal consistent part of my life.  Did you hear me??!??!?!?!  I SAID THAT EXERCISE WAS GOING TO BE A NORMAL AND CONSISTENT PART OF MY LIFE!!!!  You don't understand...I've never really worked out before, never even played a sport, never done anything consistently, but I boldly walked into an aggressive goal.

I have SO much I'm trying to avoid, and that is why exercise is so important to me.  I don't want diabetes which just about everyone in my immediate family has, I don't want blood pressure or cholesterol issues, and I refuse to be over a certain weight.  I rebuke all these things in Jesus' mighty name, but I know I have to do my part too.




I started at five days a week straight cardio: Zumba, elliptical machine, treadmill, and bike.  Summer hit, and things went a little hay wire.  My routine waned to about three days a week.  My girl, Susie Q, and I were working with a personal trainer where we got lots of cardio and some good weight training.  I became so exhausted, that I had to stop working out completely.  Come to find out, my hormones are out of whack, which was keeping me completely wiped out from sunrise to sunset.  Now that I have that somewhat under control, I'm trying to get back in the groove, and please let's not mention the 5K run that I'm supposed to be training for in November

On Saturday, I naively walked into a class titled, "Cardio Blast," and got blasted back.  We started out working on the stepper.  For some reason I was not getting the motions and steps down.  EVERYONE else in the class got it just fine.  "Knees Around the WORLD!" the trainer blared.  What the heck is knees around the world???  I was not following, and I hate failure, I was practically in tears.  The trainer kept yelling, "Knees up or go home!"  I started to take her up on that offer several times, but I made it through.




After 10 months of working out, I've lost 12 lbs, and I have 6 more to go.  Twelve lbs doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm happy with it.  The one thing I hate about working out is that you can't tell the fat where to fall from; I'd love to have a perfectly flat stomach again.  However, I enjoy doing something for me and pushing myself to new heights and watching my body transform.  Most importantly, I enjoy the opportunity to fellowship with a dear friend and encourage each other.

What is your motivation for working out?  What is holding you back from working out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading and appreciate each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...