Wednesday, August 31, 2011

What's Your Anthem?

What's your anthem?  I'm talking about the song that describes you to the core and gets you going, or the Bible verse that gives you victory, or even the defining moment that you'll never forget and will become the legacy that you pass on to your children's children.  You don't have one?  Well you should!


A few weeks ago, my pastor preached a message, and at the end he told us that we needed an anthem that we could reflect on and guide us through life.


The hubster's anthem is "Our God" by Chris Tomlin.  Trust me, we get our praise on to this song!  The part in the song where he says, "...if our God is greater, then who can be against us..." really ring true in his life.  He has been in some situations that didn't look good in the natural realm, but God was working in the supernatural and he was able to come out victorious.  All I can say is, don't even think about coming against my husband; he is so covered.












My family's anthem is Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."  The Spirit gave my husband this message after we lost our second son.  Whenever we get sad, we reflect on this verse and how it has always rang true.


My anthem is Psalm 34:8-22.  Please click the link to get the full passage, however it starts like this: "Taste and see that the Lord is good.  Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him."  I had the distinct pleasure of helping my son to memorize this entire passage when he was in first grade, and it ended up being a blessing to me.  I was not familiar with what this passage held, but it's just a reminder from David to honor God and He will honor you in a way you can't even fathom.  I try to make that the focus of each day; of course I fall short sometimes, but that's why we get another day to try it again.


The blog's anthem is "Do Everything" by Steven Curtis Chapman.  This song perfectly describe's the purpose of this blog: no matter what you do, make sure you glorify God while doing it and you will be blessed.


What is your anthem?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, had no idea! God bless your family! Don't have an anthem, but my favorite songs are "The Storm Is Over Now" and "Total Praise" which makes me teary-eyed each time. I like this idea of our family having an anthem.

    Don't forget, before you think of paying for blog renovations, call me and see if we can do something together or just send me some directions and a picture image and I'll play around with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely will check you out! I'm hoping to look at changing the header per your directions in a few weeks. I LOVE Total Praise! Especially Fantasia's version when she was on Bobby Jones. That song got me through the roughest time of my life!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and appreciate each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...