Friday, August 12, 2011

Movie Review: The Help

Constantine (Cicely Tyson) with Skeeter as a child.
Article first published as Movie Review: The Help on Technorati.


This week has been a whirlwind, but I can definitely feel some good things about to happen on my behalf.  If you're thinking about going to the movies this weekend, I've written a review of The Help to "help" you decide what you may want to see.  I truly believe this movie is going to be more popular with Baby Boomers and beyond.  The younger generations don't seem too thrilled about this movie.


Please check out my review and let me know what you think.  I am so interested to hear your thoughts on this movie.


Have a great weekend!


Would you ever go see a movie like The Help?



4 comments:

  1. I read you review of the movie, and you give a lot of great details about the movie, without telling too much of the story. I have never read the book, didn't know there was a book. I do plan on going to see the movie this weeekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Ms. Micah! You've got to tell me what you think about it on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tuess I'm a baby boomer (not quite). the movie was excellent. It was funny and it really made you think as a black person how far we've actually come. ON the flip side I felt like crap a little...to think that there are so many ppl who think very little of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Michelle- I totally understand how you feel! Have you read the book? The book goes even deeper into the social injustices and humiliation. All I can think is...."It could not have been me!" LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading and appreciate each and every comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...